Corporate Relations Manager
Ford’s Theatre Society is seeking a full-time Corporate Relations Manager to join its fundraising team.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working closely with the Associate Director of Development, Corporate Relations and the Director of Development, this position helps develop and strengthen financial support from Board of Governors members to advance Ford’s Theatre’s institutional goals and objectives. The Manager helps develop a pipeline of prospects and supporters and serves as one of the main points of contact for corporate benefits fulfillment.
Ford’s offers a dynamic working environment steeped in culture and history along with a robust benefits package including highly subsidized health insurance, 401(k) contributions, and generous paid leave policies.
All Ford’s Theatre Society employees are required to actively participate in the Society’s ongoing efforts to become an anti-racist organization. These efforts include staff-wide conversations, new programming, development of new resources for staff and audiences, and an expectation that all staff will keep themselves informed of resources and trends in the field of anti-racism and DEAI and how they can be applied to their own work on a day-to-day basis.
- Work with Associate Director of Development, Corporate Relations and Director of Development to develop and implement strategies for identifying and cultivating donors and prospects at the $10,000 – $50,000 levels. Provide administrative support for Associate Director of Development, Corporate Relations and Director of Development as it pertains to corporate donors and help monitor progress toward corporate membership goals.
- Help manage stewardship of $10,000 – $250,000 donors. Ensure correct, proper and timely benefit fulfillment and recognition for the corporate Board of Governors – including production and education underwriter materials, ticket bank requests, event and/or tour requests, event invitations, recognition, etc.
- Provide input and ideas to help ensure our corporate efforts are welcoming and inclusive of diverse audiences and reflect Ford’s values and dedication to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Provide exceptional customer service to corporate prospects and members in all communications and interactions.
- Conduct guided tours of the Ford’s Theatre campus as requested, specifically but not exclusively for corporate partners, potential corporate donors and their guests.
- Draft high-quality corporate stewardship communications, including e-newsletters and reporting for underwriters; as well as business letters and proposals.
- Manage and draft grant applications and reporting requirements for funding opportunities from for Board of Governors members
- Serve as primary researcher to identify corporate donor prospects. Conduct research on prospective and current corporate donors and corporate foundations. Produce high quality briefings to be used as background or meeting preparation as appropriate or requested. Monitor newsfeeds for information/ updates on corporate members and keep Director of Development and Associate Director of Development, Corporate Relations informed of any changes.
- Assist at and/or attend special events and programs hosted by Ford’s Theatre Society with a particular focus to steward and provide service to corporate partners/prospects and other donor groups that may be in attendance.
- Accurately maintain and update corporate contacts and relationships in Tessitura database on a regular and timely basis. Help track donor cultivation steps and future steps/deadlines in database.
- Working with the Development Associate, finalize and personalize gift acknowledgements and ensure that donors are being acknowledged in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in fundraising, sales, marketing or other area demonstrating high levels of customer service, accuracy and organizational skill.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills as they relate to giving tours and communicating with donors in-person, via phone, electronically and through mailings.
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of donors, staff and volunteers.
- Self-starter with the ability to keep track of multiple projects at any one time, including but not limited to concurrent grant applications or lists and follow up for overlapping donor events.
- Ability to analyze information and research to formulate the best approach for corporate donors.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, particularly as it relates to donors’ private or proprietary information.
- Demonstrated attention to detail as it relates to accuracy of donor records and communication.
- Excellent time manager with strong planning and organizational skills, and solid attention to detail. Must be able to meet deadlines in addition to performing tasks as assigned within a timeframe including the ability to prioritize and ask for help.
- Experience with complex point of sale or database system. Tessitura or similar CRM database experience a plus.
- Ford’s Theatre is an institution that hosts in-person programming and events, thus frequent in-person and in-office work is required. Schedule flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed is also required.
Ford’s Theatre Society has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees. The policy is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com